Monday, February 13, 2012

The Past Month


Well, I'm back, and hopefully better than ever! My sister posted on my wall/timeline/whatever's next after timeline, "Just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean your blogging responsibilities are over ya know." I knew then that it was time to jump back on the blogging train; I can't disappoint my little sister! So, what have my thoughts been over the last month?

1. I'm going to Scotland in 15 days (not that I'm counting!)! That countdown has been at the forefront of my mind since I bought the tickets. I really cannot wait. I get to spend time with my awesome girlfriend, and I get to do it all in Scotland! Here's a picture of St. Andrews (where Hauna is studying and where I will be spending the majority of my time):



2. This has been the weirdest winter in the history of the world. Seattle's getting blizzards, and I'm out sunbathing on my roof sipping on a pina coladas with little umbrellas in them. What happened to winter? I'm wondering if we accidentally dialed in the wrong season and are going to get hammered with a late winter in March.

3. Barack Obama is going to get reelected. These Republicans are weak...like 2004 Democrats, scrapping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel weak. I just can't imagine any of them courting the moderate vote, and by moderate I mean those who don't think we should get rid of the Department of Education or invade another Middle Eastern country.

4. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert have been on vacation for too long.

5. Adele needs to get over whoever she's singing about. It's just way too many unrequited love songs. Also, I think you're going to eventually ruin your voice. The Grammy's aren't worth the risk.

6. While I think there's always far too much hype surrounding a celebrity death, I have always less-than-secretly loved this:


"Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill." I've always liked that. Granted, I really like the movie version with the Hebrew breakdown at the end.

7. I would like to hear back from schools soon. Checking the mail has become far too important, and I already inordinately enjoy checking my mail.

8. I need to make the transition over to gmail. I've had a gmail account for a while, but I'm a creature of habit, and my habit has been Yahoo. Yet, every time I tell someone my email address, I can viscerally feel them judging me. They're mocking me in their mind, "Oh, and what's your AIM screen name? How fast is your dial-up connection? How about you just send me a telegram?"

9. Baseball season is coming! How can you not feel good about life when pitchers and catchers are reporting to spring training?

10. I ran a half-marathon two weeks ago, and it was a success! Finished just under 1:45 and had a good time running along the lake. Also, my medal has built-in bottle opener!

So, I think that's a fairly decent rundown of the last month. Now I'm going to figure out what to eat for dinner. Later!

2 comments: