Sunday, July 11, 2010

Have you ever had the experience where you are about to go to bed and decide you need a drink? So, you go to the faucet and pour a glass too large, but you decide that you won't drink it all. However, when you start drinking, the water is just so good that you keep drinking and drinking, and as you are doing it you know this is going to cost you a middle of the night bathroom run but you just are really into instant gratification at the moment? Well, that happened to me the other night, and I still think it was worth it in the end.

If hell was a Chicago neighborhood, I'm pretty sure mine would be Wrigleyville. I had to drive through it yesterday, and it just grosses me out. How can something in the shadow of the great Wrigley Field be so trashy?

There's a Loudon Wainwright III concert this Thursday in Evanston, and I'm debating whether I should go or not. I mean, I know that I shouldn't spend $28 on a concert, but I also don't know how many opportunities I will have to see him around here. I think I'll do it. I rarely regret spending money on a concert. The best is when you buy the tickets far enough in advance that by the time the concert comes, you feel like you're going for free! Here's him playing a great song:

I don't think I'll ever live in a place south of Chicago. If it too hot for me here, how will I ever make it in places that are actually in the South? I'd much rather take frigid winters if it means comfortable summers.

I'm about to start a tutoring session, so I gotta go.

1 comment:

  1. Amen about Wrigleyville. Have you ever tried to drive through there before or after a Cubs game? H-E-L-L.

    ReplyDelete